5 Intersecting compound tetrahedron

Show us your models and discuss model-making techniques. Paper? Wood? Single vs double tabs? etc.
Foamcutter

5 Intersecting compound tetrahedron

Post by Foamcutter » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 pm

Based on the guidelines of the forum, I shouldn't post this as the shape wasn't constructed using Stella... maybe admin will give me a little slack.

Having seen other lasercut polyhedra examples where Stella was used at the initial design stages, I'm keen to learn about it and find out how to adapt the paper models to suit my material. I mainly used 3mm plywood/MDF with 3D printed connectors at the vertices.
I hoping there is a relatively simple process, trying to say/pronounce the names of some polyhedra is difficult enough.
Looking forward to reading any suggestions or if any members use Stella for their laser cut creations. TIA
Attachments
5 Intersecting Tetrahedron small.jpg
5 Intersecting Tetrahedron small.jpg (243.29 KiB) Viewed 787 times

robertw
Site Admin

Re: 5 Intersecting compound tetrahedron

Post by robertw » Wed May 22, 2024 2:57 am

I don't think there's anything in the guidelines that says only to post models made using Stella, so go for it!

I'd be interested to see a model in progress, and what the connectors at the vertices look like. I'm guessing they're small pyramids, with the faces being attached to the sides of the pyramid? I'm guessing the black spots are rivots or something to form that connection?