Is there a way to label elements with math/laex symbols?

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
platonic

Is there a way to label elements with math/laex symbols?

Post by platonic » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:22 pm

Thank you Robert, I'm thoroughly enjoying this software for almost a year. Would love to someday share my work here.

My main question is the one on the subject line. I'll add to this:

2. How do you make the clear, colored, bordered text which appears on the faces in this picture? Usually my text doesn't appear as clear as this, no matter what I do with it.

https://www.software3d.com/ScreenShots/Text.gif

3. How do you make them all have different colors?

4. Are there more cool/complex ways which I'm not thinking about with which you can decorate your shape with text/images?

robertw
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to label elements with math/laex symbols?

Post by robertw » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:16 am

You can't use any math symbols aside from standard ASCII. But the text can handle some simple HTML markup, which can be used to change colour, bold, italics, and change the resolution used to make text clearer when zoomed in. The details are here:

https://www.software3d.com/StellaManual ... lla4D#text

You can even include links to websites, or links which open other polyhedra or .stel files.

platonic

Post by platonic » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:15 am

Thanks Robert, I initially thought one can avoid html and the like; I'll read the manual again.

Math/latex symbols are definitely something I look forward to, so I'll add it as in the feature request board.

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:29 am

You might actually be able to do it already, because you can choose different fonts. If there's a font that has math symbols, you could access them that way.