Breakup face

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
cwrawk

Breakup face

Post by cwrawk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:23 am

Is it possible to only select one portion of a model to color it?
I'm having a problem when I want to color one part of a model I click that part but the color changes on the whole face. I've tried everything and cannot figure out how to select small parts of the model. Please help!!!!

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:41 am

You have to change the colour of at least one whole face at a time. What are you imagining otherwise?

One thing you could do is use "Poly->Subdivide Faces" to break faces into smaller faces. Then you can colour the smaller parts. You might want to show edges too, or you won't be able to see where one face ends and the next one starts.

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:50 pm

If you want to colour each spike of a shape like the great stellated dodecahedron individually you can open it in the base stellation view, put it into a memory, retrieve it again, activate the base polyhedron view and give each triangular face the colour you want by hitting Ctrl+c.

Ulrich

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:52 am

Good point! I wasn't sure what was meant by changing only part of a face, but this makes more sense. It's about intersecting faces where different parts are showing.

From the stellation view you can also just hit the left-and-down button in the top right corner of that view to make it the new base model. One less step than going via a memory slot.

cwrawk

Thank You So MUCH!!!!!

Post by cwrawk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:38 am

Thanks Ulrich! Exactly what i needed!