Printing nets without edges?

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
hecatonicosachoron

Printing nets without edges?

Post by hecatonicosachoron » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:50 pm

Hello, I recently bought Stella 4d and I am greatly enjoying it!

Is it possible to print the nets in such a way that only the vertices appear as points, instead of the full line for the edges? It's definitely easier to make the models scoring along the edges, but I sometimes end up smearing the ink around, and I find it more sightly without that. I'd also prefer not to see the concave edges as printed lines. For my last model, I printed the nets on standard printer paper and then copied the patterns onto the colored cardstock by pricking the paper on every vertex of the nets. I was very happy with the results, but it was rather time consuming, and I think I could get equally good results just from printing the points I need -- the ink would be minimal.

robertw
Site Admin

Re: Printing nets without edges?

Post by robertw » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi, I'm afraid you can't stop the edges being printed. Would be difficult I think to figure out which dots connected to which without the lines. I should add an option to alter the colour of shade of the lines though so you can make them lighter.

For now all you can do is make sure the Line Widths - Edges setting is set to the lower value 1, in the Print Options popup.