Is there a Default Settings tab hidden away somewhere?

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
johnanthony

Is there a Default Settings tab hidden away somewhere?

Post by johnanthony » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Hello again

As I learn more and more about this wonderful program, and jump around between all the different polyhedra families and functions, I notice that some things I change seem to stick whilst I am browsing through a range of polyhedra for example, like changing all face colours, and edge line thickness. but if I close down and re-open, face colour defaults to red again; line width sticks OK. Another that defaults OFF is Orthagonal View, which I prefer, but have to remember to set it on each time I start again.

So, after that ramble, is there a Default Settings page/tab somewhere that I could use to set up all the defaults? Given the vast number of things that you can change in here, it would be nice to freeze some of them. :)

John

robertw
Site Admin

Re: Is there a Default Settings tab hidden away somewhere?

Post by robertw » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:38 am

There isn't really a page of default options anywhere, but you may be able to restore some of it by saving a default file.

Use "File->Save Default Scene". Whatever scene you save there will automatically be reloaded when you restart the program, along with whatever settings were saved with that scene. That will include things like the polyhedron's colours, but not orthogonal view I'm afraid. Someday I should probably make it remember that across sessions.

As for colours, they are generally regenerated each time you load a new built-in model, which means going back to red, yellow etc. However if you have set it to single-colour mode, then it will retain that single colour from model to model. But again, it won't recover the colouring method from a saved scene.

johnanthony

Re: Is there a Default Settings tab hidden away somewhere?

Post by johnanthony » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:40 am

Thanks Rob

OK, I can live with that ... a minor thing when compared to the abilities of the program, and when i stop bouncing around inside it so much and settle down on detailed projects, that niggle will disappear.

Thanks for the Default Scene tip, I will give that a try,

Kind regards - John