Help, please!

The place to discuss MineSweeper3D.
hatterass

Help, please!

Post by hatterass » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:00 pm

I wonder if anybody can help me with a problem I'm having. I'm running Minesweeper3D ver. 2.5.1, and lately, the graphics have gotten very slow and jerky, and the response to mouse clicks is very slow. this has resulted in times up to triple my usual. this is on a Compaq Presario V6000 running Windows XP Media Center Edition.

If anybody can get me back to the former smooth responsiveness of the program, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
hatterass

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Sorry, not sure what's going on there. "Lately" you say? So it used to run fast?

Some versions back I changed the way mouse events were handled, but it was meant to make things faster, not slower. I may change it back sometime.

Rob.

hatterass

Post by hatterass » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:07 am

Yes, just within the last week or so. It used to run very fast and smoothly. It's not a program fault, I feel sure, but rather something wrong with the graphics iun the computer. I mean, why would the program suddenly start acting weird when it never has before?

According to the Intel website, my graphics accerelator driver is current, so the only thing I can think of is maybe something screwed up in Windows XP. I think I may turn off automatic updates.

Thanks for the reply,
hatterass

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:08 pm

The obvious question: did you change anything in your system in the last week or so? Doesn't XP tell you when it's doing an update?

Rob.

hatterass

Post by hatterass » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:42 am

Yes, it does. In fact, I can't shut the machine down until it finishes installing updates. I'll check the recent updates to see if there's any joy there.

Thanks for all the help and sympathy,

Hatterass