mine sweep TRUE 3D

The place to discuss MineSweeper3D.
rainman002

yes...

Post by rainman002 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:20 am

I haven't downloaded a stella yet so I couldn view your "honeycombs" but some of them by their descriptions made sense. The way my program works is there is a list of verticies each with a unique number assigned (the index), its coordinates, and the indices of its neighbors. The cube one could be very easily iterated and indexed so that is why I used it. The more interesting patterns you presented are not impossible, but much more difficult. I actually made a tetrahedral model for it but never got it online. I thought I was good with GUIs but when I tried to make it a chioce between tetrahedron and cube for the game menu, I failed miserably. Anyway, If you can find an efficient way to go through one of your honeycombs vertex by vertex (and find x,y,z coordinates) and in a way that can have a scalable amount of "cells" please tell me and I will try to implement it. I hope that just made sense.

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:06 am

Alex Doskey wrote:Another possibility for true 3D minefields would be to do various space filling lattices.
Yes, this is my plan if I do a true 3D version.

Rob.

rainman002

do something

Post by rainman002 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:56 pm

robertw wrote:if
come on, just do it. You could definitely do a graphically pretty "true 3d" thing. If you don't, I will... and it won't look nearly as good or professional.