My first day with Stella, some diogital renderings...

Show us your models and discuss model-making techniques. Paper? Wood? Single vs double tabs? etc.
starbase1

My first day with Stella, some diogital renderings...

Post by starbase1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:48 pm

These were all done in my first session with Stella, so they are a bit rough and ready, but I'm still quite pleased!

Nick[/url]
Last edited by starbase1 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:30 am

Nice stuff :D

So these were rendered with Lightwave? What format are you exporting from Stella? .OBJ?

Rob.

starbase1

Post by starbase1 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:06 am

robertw wrote:Nice stuff :D

So these were rendered with Lightwave? What format are you exporting from Stella? .OBJ?

Rob.
Yes it's Lightwave, and I exported in OBJ. The edge rounding is very rough and ready (where used), and I was lazy with the backdrop. I'm generally using a gradient on the colour, so it varies with the angle of viewing.

I'm looking forward to doing something like a great stilted echo doohicky gone at the weekend, with come environmental lighting!

RexEveryhting

these pictures--what?

Post by RexEveryhting » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:44 pm

I'm kinda slow.

How did you use Stella to create these images? Where are the polyhedra in some of them? What exactly is going on here?

Sorry we can't all possess the genius you seem to exhibit.

Mitch

starbase1

Post by starbase1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Whoopsy!
Sorry, I used a scratch area on my web site to hist the images, and cleared off the old ones to get some space. I appear to have used the same file names for some photos from Moldova!

reeja

Post by reeja » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:58 am

were you ultimately successful? I have just started making these objects. Lets share notes.

----
[Advertising in signature removed by moderator]
Last edited by reeja on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

oxenholme

Post by oxenholme » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:57 pm

reeja wrote:were you ultimately successful? I have just started making these objects. Lets share notes.
Which model are you working on at the moment Reeja? My most recent was a compound of 15 cuboids in a rhombicosidodecahedron.

It's a sort of truncated stellation of the Rhombic Triacontahedron.

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:11 am

Looks like reeja was just here to spam us. Their IP address appears on spammer lists, and is from Pakistan like most spammers it seems, and they had advertising in their signature (which I've now removed). I've deleted and blocked them.

First time I've seen a spammer actually post something that made some effort to fit with the forum though!

Peter Kane

Post by Peter Kane » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:46 pm

robertw wrote:First time I've seen a spammer actually post something that made some effort to fit with the forum though!
Well if they are looking for the right angle, I'd say they came to the right place :)

Pete K