Algorithmic music apps

Discuss anything else relevant that doesn't fit into the other forums, such as ideas for new programs you think I should consider. Please, no spam, it will be deleted!
kk6pr

Algorithmic music apps

Post by kk6pr » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:34 pm

Congratulations on the launch of your new Worlds Kaleid app - can't wait for it to show up on the Play store.

Regarding the music in this video: https://youtu.be/KnEBL6JXR04

I assume this was generated by software you wrote? Any plans for releasing it as an app or program also?

I 'm very interested in algorithmic music - I'm sure yours would be the definitive app for generating such music, just as you have done for creating polyhedrons and kaleidoscopes.

Thanks again!

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:57 pm

No, it's music I wrote, sitting at a piano the old-fashioned way. Well, to start with, then I programmed it into a sequencer (I could never play it properly myself!).

Rob.

kk6pr

Post by kk6pr » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:10 am

Oh OK great - well, that must be why it sounds better than most computer generated music I've heard.

I've studied a little music theory and programming. I think it might be possible to come up with some interesting algorithms based on symmetry - and then breaking it where appropriate, which is what interesting music probably requires.