Funny pointer

Suggest new features for Stella.
Dinogeorge

Funny pointer

Post by Dinogeorge » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:28 am

Hey, Rob--

Every so often when I start up Stella4D I find the cursor in this really annoying mode where it looks like a pair of crossed double arrows. I can't get the polyhedron on display to tumble; all it does is move around the screen when I pull the cursor around. And I can't find any place in any menu that will change the cursor to the "normal" mode. Usually I screw around with the menu options for a while (like 15-20 minutes) and suddenly something clicks and I finally get the "normal" cursor back.

I'd like to know how to change to and from this mode. The online manual seems to describe it as "2D mode," but I can't find any menu selection that will change from 2D to 3D and back. How does one do this?

Best,
G.O.

robertw
Site Admin

Re: Funny pointer

Post by robertw » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:58 pm

That's odd. Never does that to me, but I know what mode it is (I think). It happens while you hold the Space bar down. Hold down the space bar and you'll see the cursor change as you described. But I don't know how you got stuck in that mode, presuming your Space bar doesn't get stuck down!

My guess would be that hitting the Space bar will get you out of that mode again though. Let me know next time it happens.

Rob.

Dinogeorge

Post by Dinogeorge » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:09 pm

robertw wrote:My guess would be that hitting the Space bar will get you out of that mode again though. Let me know next time it happens.
I didn't think to use the Space bar. So I tried it out and it does bring up the crossed-arrow cursor in a way I can control. Next time the cursor is stuck in that mode, I'l try hitting the Space bar a few times and see what happens.

Thanks,
G.O.

Dinogeorge

Post by Dinogeorge » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:52 pm

Dinogeorge wrote:I didn't think to use the Space bar. So I tried it out and it does bring up the crossed-arrow cursor in a way I can control. Next time the cursor is stuck in that mode, I'l try hitting the Space bar a few times and see what happens.
Hitting the Space bar works fine. I've opened Stella4D and had an unwanted crossed-arrow cursor several times now and this action resets it right away. Apparently this happens just after I've been viewing streaming news video clips online. This also affects the speed of the Freecell game, so that the cards go up slowly, one at a time, instead of all at omce. Maybe it's another AOL bug.