Bug: Truncated Tetrahedron

Suggested new features for MineSweeper3D.
Skippums

Bug: Truncated Tetrahedron

Post by Skippums » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:21 pm

I just booted up my good ol' minesweeper 3D, and when I attempted to play the board "Truncated Tetrahedron" on subdivision: 8 and difficulty: insane, I get a strange error that I have never noticed before. When I try to click on a square (either double, single left, or single right) near the edges of the board, the game thinks I am attempting to rotate the board. I tried to restart the game, but this keeps happening. I think it has something to do with the update to 2.4.1, but am not sure. If I click repeatedly fast enough on any of these squares, I begin opening/flagging tiles on the BACK side of the board. Please take a look at this and let me know what I can do to prevent this and begin playing the game again. Thanks,
-Jeff

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:38 am

Hmm, on that board I can reproduce it! Weird, barely anything changed between 2.4 and 2.4.1 other than updating the web links. But maybe something else snuck in.

I'll look into it and get back to you. Watch this space.

Thanks,
Rob.

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:51 am

FIXED!

Somehow a single line of code had been deleted introducing this bug!

Download the fixed version 2.4.2 here:
http://www.software3d.com/Mines3D/download.php

Thanks,
Rob.

Skippums

Fixed

Post by Skippums » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:09 pm

Yep, it appears to be working now. Thanks for the quick response!
-Jeff

Seraf_Ethifeo

Post by Seraf_Ethifeo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:37 pm

Hmmm I seem to be having a similar problem in version 2.5.1, my clicks do register, but on the wrong side of the objects. So far it has affected all of the ones I've tried to play.

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:11 am

Seraf_Ethifeo wrote:Hmmm I seem to be having a similar problem in version 2.5.1, my clicks do register, but on the wrong side of the objects. So far it has affected all of the ones I've tried to play.
It seems to work fine here. When you say wrong side, do you mean on the back of the model instead of the front, or on the left side instead of the right, or top instead of bottom, or something else?

Just to make sure I'm trying exactly the same thing, give me an example of a board where this problem occurs (eg tetrahedron, subdiv 4).

Also, you bought the full version. Did you not already see this happen in the demo?

Thanks,
Rob.

Seraf_Ethifeo

Post by Seraf_Ethifeo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Umm well I just reinstalled the game on a new PC and got a second liscense without playing the demo.

Hmm I just tested with a cube of subdivision 4 and 8 and the new prism-expanded truncated cuboctahedron at subdiv 4, all clicks on the cubes were registered to a field on the back of the cube instead of the front, and on the prism-expanded truncated cuboctahedron it took the inner back facing frame.