Other New Features I'd like to See

Suggested new features for MineSweeper3D.
Alex Doskey

Other New Features I'd like to See

Post by Alex Doskey » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:07 am

One thing I would like to see is an "Undo" button, where you can take back your last move. It would only be used when you hit a mine, and would cancel your ability to successfully complete the game (no high score recorded), but after putting a few hours into a game, it would be nice to see if I could have completed it if I hadn't had a momentay lapse of attention. :wink:

And sometimes I wish there was an "am I missing something" button, where I could just ask the computer if there were any legitimate moves left without resorting to guessing, but without it showing me where such a move would be. I know this would be cheating, but sometimes I am too reluctant to guess, even if I know it is my only option.

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:15 am

Yeah, an undo button after hitting a mine would be handy, and yes it would have to disable high scores for that game. Has been on the to-do list for a while, so maybe sometime.

Don't know about the "am I missing something" button! MineSweeper3D can already show you a hint for the next move (which also disables high scores). I think the button you ask for would also have to disable high scores. I guess with an undo button, at least if you hit a mine after a guess you could go back and ask for a hint to see if you could have done better.

Rob.