Resize individual polyhedra in a compound

The place to talk about Stella4D, Great Stella, and Small Stella. Feel free to ask questions about them here.
indigotwilight

Resize individual polyhedra in a compound

Post by indigotwilight » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:15 pm

I recently stumbled upon the trial version of Stella4d, and currently I'm trying things out to get aquanted with the GUI. In a few days time, I intend to purchase the full version and am very impressed by what I've seen so far.

Having browsed through the site, I can't seem to find much information on this subject, so thought I would ask here in case someone knows the answer.

At the moment I am playing around adding things to memory, then merging those objects together to form compounds. What I would like to do is to rescale one of those objects in the merge.

For instance, I add an icosahedron to memory, and then merge with an octahedron. In the resultant compound, the octahedron is too small. The effect is amplified if I make a base/dual compound - the cube is too big, and the vertex points of the dodecahedron are barely visible.

How would I resize the octahedron in the original compound?

Presumably, I could then add this new base/dual compound to memory, and merge with a tetrahedron to produce a compound of all the five platonic solids.

Twi

robertw
Site Admin

Post by robertw » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Yep, you can scale models before putting them in memory, or before adding the other one from memory, using any (well most) of the items on the Scale menu. These allow you to set the size of the model by specifying the radius, edge length, inradius, surface area, volume etc.

Nothing appears to change when you use these. They just affect the size of nets, and a few things like adding from memory.